Hazardous drop-off day at ECC South is scheduled
Thursday June 6, 2013 | By:The Sun Staff |
Erie County is hosting a Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at Erie Community College South Campus. Please enter from Big Tree Road - Route 20A via Abbott Road.
Acceptable items include:
• Pesticides, fertilizers, pool and household chemicals/cleaners - limit 2 gallons
• Oil-based paints, spray cans - limit 10 gallons
• Oil, gasoline, kerosene, antifreeze - limit 10 gallons
• Paint thinner, stripper & solvents-limit 2 gallons
• Batteries - lead acid & rechargeable
• Mercury - thermometers, thermostats, metal
• Propane tanks & cylinders - full or empty
Items that will not be accepted include: tires, latex paint, fluorescent light bulbs, computers, appliances, and commercial and industrial waste.
Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
EDEN — After several conversations, the Eden Town Board has announced a new...
HAMBURG — Hamburg Gaming is sponsoring one of the buses in the fair’s Bus Demolition...
SYRACUSE — Just when a bit of negative press began to bubble up around the re-election...
HAMBURG — On July 10, Cradle Beach was awarded a $10,000 grant from the United...
EVANS — The Evans town board voted to table the Domestic Fowl Law, a proposed...