Around Town for the week of August 1
Thursday August 1, 2013 | By:The Sun Staff |
Thursday, Aug. 1
– Woodlawn Beach concert series at Woody’s Beach Club and Taquería. Blood Money will perform at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit Woodlawn Beach on Facebook or call 826-1930.
Friday, Aug. 2
– Woodlawn Beach concert series at Woody’s Beach Club and Taquería. The Release will perform at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit Woodlawn Beach on Facebook or call 826-1930.
Saturday, Aug. 3
– Village Business Advisory Council’s Village Value Day, in the tent at 206 Lake St., in the parking lot next to Dairy Queen. Participating merchants include Monroe’s Place, Gear For Adventure, What A Woman Wants, Starlight Specialty Gifts, Acquired Attire, Clydes Feed, Kitchen Creations and Grassroots Web Designs.
– Woodlawn Beach concert series at Woody’s Beach Club and Taquería. Forever Young will perform at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit Woodlawn Beach on Facebook or call 826-1930.
– St. Bernadette Parish Open Doors Ministry will host a picnic from noon – 3 p.m. in the school gym at 5930 South Abbott Road in Orchard Park.
Monday, Aug. 5
– The Friendly Travel Club will meet for the Miss Buffalo Lunch Cruise in August and the Erie, Pa. bus tour in September. It will appear at the Hamburg Senior Center, located at 4150 Sowles Road. For more information, call 627-5275.
Tuesday, Aug. 6
– Shaky Stage will perform at the Boston Summer Concert Series from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Lions Shelter at the Boston Town Park. Admission is free. Bring a lawn chair. In case of rain, the concert will be held in the Boston Town Hall.
– Stone Country Band will perform a concert on the front steps of the Eden Elementary School at 7 p.m., during the Eden Town Concert series. Admission is free. In case of rain, the concert will move inside the auditorium.
– The Hamburg junior varsity and varsity cheerleaders will present the “Here’s the Scoop” ice cream fundraiser from 4 – 8 p.m. at the Main Street Ice Cream shop, located at 35 Main St. in Hamburg. A portion of the sales and all tips will benefit the Hamburg High School Cheerleading Team. The winners of a theme basket raffle will be drawn that evening.
Wednesday, Aug. 7
– Queenstown Swing will perform at the Angola Park and Gazebo Summer Lawn Chair Concert Series, from 7 – 9 p.m. at Centennial Park. Sponsored by Goya Foods Great Lakes and the American Musician’s Union. Will be held in The New Angola Theater, in the event of rain.
– Blasdell Summer Concert Series, featuring the music of Laughing Bandit, at the JFK Playground, located at 2 Grafton Ave., 6:30 p.m. This free event is open to the public.
– Boston Town Band will perform at 7 p.m., during the Hamburg summer concert. Admission is free. The concert will be held at Memorial Park, at the intersection of Lake and Union streets. In case of rain, the concert will be held in the Union Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
Thursday, Aug. 6
– The Ten Lives Club, along with the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, will sponsor a seminar regarding the feline immunodeficiency virus, at Michael’s Banquet Hall. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m., with food and dessert stations at 6:30. There will be a cash bar. The speaker will be Dr. Annette Litster, director of the Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program at Purdue University and an associate professor of small animal internal medicine. Reservations are required by Aug. 6. Call 646-5577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAMBURG — The summer lending library has returned to Union Pleasant Elementary...
EDEN — After several conversations, the Eden Town Board has announced a new...
HAMBURG — Hamburg Gaming is sponsoring one of the buses in the fair’s Bus Demolition...
SYRACUSE — Just when a bit of negative press began to bubble up around the re-election...