‘Seaway Trail’ to host speaker series
Thursday July 11, 2013 | By:Sun Staff |
Members of the community are invited to attend the Speaker Series at the Lake Erie Seaway Trail Visitor’s Center beginning in July. Speakers in the series, which focuses on the environment and Lake Erie, are:
• July 18: Issues Affecting Lake Erie — Helen Domske, Associate Director of the Great Lakes Program at the University at Buffalo and a Senior Education Specialist for New York Sea Grant (Cornell University).
• Aug. 15: History of Lake Erie: a lifelong Hamburg resident and former Assemblyman
• Sept. 19: Economics of the Lake: Historically and going forward, and the impact of doing nothing — Bruce Fisher, Director of the Center for Economic and Policy Studies at SUNY College at Buffalo.
• Oct. 24: Paranormal Activity — Cameron Daboin, founder of the Greater Western New York Paranormal Society
• Nov. 14: Invasive Species of Lake Erie — Helen Domske, Associate Director of the Great Lakes Program at the University at Buffalo and a Senior Education Specialist for New York Sea Grant (Cornell University).
People interested in attending the series should contact Patty O’Shei at 716-627-2773, or LESTC2012@gmail.com.
Admission is $10/speaker, or buy four tickets and get the fifth seat free. Members price is $5/speaker. For more information, please visit lakeerieseawaytrail.org.
The mission of the Lake Erie Seaway Trail Visitor’s Center is to serve the public interest by providing travel information, promoting tourism in the Buffalo Niagara region and along with 400-plus-mile Seaway Trail.
The visitor’s center is a member-driven, multi-use facility that includes a conference room and a “Sunset Room” which are available for a small donation.
HAMBURG — Saint Bonaventure University and Hilbert College, Franciscan institutions...
BLASDELL — Applebee’s restaurants across the country, including those in Western...
HAMBURG — The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a special breakfast...
Seniors have options, with local travel clubsTown of Hamburg senior citizens...
HAMBURG — Western New York students in kindergarten – 12th grade may submit...
ANGOLA — The directors of the Evangola Tomato Festival pageant will host the...