Close

Current Conditions
41 ° Mostly Cloudy

Login | Subscribe
Loading.... Please Wait.

Let there be light: New signage welcomed students back to Hamburg High School

LIGHT IT UP — A new LED sign was unveiled at Hamburg High School on Sept. 5. The new feature was created by Signs Unlimited. Photos by Jessie Owen.
HAMBURG — A brand-new, state-of-the-art LED sign was unveiled at Hamburg High School on Sept. 5. The former structure was completely replaced by a new, brick stand and brightly-lit sign made by Signs Unlimited.

Hamburg Alumni Foundation President Scott Obenshain said that the drive to obtain a new sign started approximately one year ago and was a collaborative effort between HSH, alumni members and the foundation.

“Mark Grinder of the class of 1969 was the first donor,” Obenshain said. “Then, we put a committee together to spearhead the effort.”

He said that those involved vetted vendors to participate in the fundraising efforts. Three alumni classes also came aboard, to help raise funds.

Obenshain said that 92 percent of the sign was paid for by alumni members and the alumni foundation. The remaining 8 percent was provided by the school, for bricks and labor.

SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL — A brightly-lit, LED sign now displays the time, current temperature, daily activities, local goings-on and more.
In total, the sign cost $50,000.

The 16mm LED sign, which has 24-hour surveillance, displays the time and current temperature. In addition, it also announces early dismissals, special school events and more and also has video capacity, which was demonstrated at the Sept. 5 ribbon-cutting.

It can also be used to notify passersby about Amber Alerts.

In addition, Mayor Tom Moses said that the sign will provide a means of announcing happenings in the village, emergencies or other local news.

The sign will run continuously throughout the day and will be turned off from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m., daily.

Hamburg High School is located at 4111 Legion Drive in Hamburg.

ADD A COMMENT

You must be signed in to comment.

Click Here to create a Free Account

Click here to Sign in

Subject
Comments
Submit

Be the first to Comment
Join thesunnews.net's mailing list.
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust