Babysitter's Training Day to be held May 3
Monday April 14, 2014 | By:Community Papers of WNY Staff | News
The American Red Cross is turning Saturday, May 3 into Babysitter’s Training Day, offering discounted courses simultaneously at 11 locations across the Western New York/Finger Lakes Region. This training will give 11-15 year-olds the skills and confidence to safely and responsibly care for children and infants. Caregiving skills take prospective young sitters from feeding to diapering and playtime to bedtime routines. Participants will also learn how to handle emergencies such as injuries, illnesses and household accidents.
“With many students at home on spring break this week, teens and their parents may be thinking about what they’re going to do this summer,” said Nancy Blaschak, regional CEO. “This Babysitter’s Training Day will give students the chance to learn the skills parents are looking for in prospective sitters, giving them the opportunity to jumpstart their babysitting careers.”
Babysitter’s Training courses will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 3 at the following locations:
• American Red Cross, Greater Rochester Chapter, 50 Prince St., Rochester
• American Red Cross, Western Ontario office, 5927 Parkside Dr., Suite 301, Canandaigua
• American Red Cross, Wayne County Chapter, 400 S. Main St., Newark
• American Red Cross in the Finger Lakes, 83 W. Bayard St., Seneca Falls
• American Red Cross, Greater Steuben/Sullivan Trail Chapter, 123 W. Market St., Corning
• Cohocton Public Library, 8 Maple St., Cohocton
• American Red Cross of SWNY, 325 E. 4th St., Jamestown
• Hamburg Blood Donation Center, 5161 Camp Rd., Hamburg
• American Red Cross, Niagara Falls office, 1522 Main St., Niagara Falls
• American Red Cross, WNY Tri-County Chapter, 109 Main St., Batavia
• American Red Cross, Geneseo office, 6 Court St., Geneseo
Space is limited. Prospective students need to pre-register for a specific location at www.redcross.org/take-a-class or by calling 1-800-REDCROSS. Enter the promo code GRIFFINMANGANSCHOLARSHIP0314 during registration to receive Babysitter’s Training for just $35. All participants will receive a babysitter’s training book, first aid guide, CD-ROM and Red Cross certification upon course completion.
FARNHAM — For many reasons, the Village of Farnham was one of the spots hit...
HAMBURG — The Hamburg town board prepared a short agenda for its meeting on...
HAMBURG — Last week, the Erie County Legislature announced its approval of the...
HAMBURG — The Hamburg village board meeting convened at the village hall on...
HAMBURG — Hamburg Town Supervisor Steven Walters took the opportunity to highlight...
BLASDELL — The financial situation in the village of Blasdell has seen a great...
ANGOLA — On Oct. 25, TJ’s Dinner Theater will get into the Halloween spirit...
EDEN — The new learning lab in the Eden Junior-Senior High School was presented...