Erie County Sheriff’s report
By:The Sun Staff
– On Nov. 17, Deputy K9 handler Brad Ballantyne and his partner Hyco stopped a vehicle on Boston State Road operated by 27-year-old James Jimenez of Buffalo for a speeding violation and improper registration plates on the vehicle Jimenez was operating.
A K9 search of Jimenez’s vehicle prior to being towed yielded marijuana. Jimenez was charged with the traffic offenses as well as unlawful possession of marihuana. Jimenez was released to appear in court at a later date.
– On Nov. 19, Deputy Lance Thurston stopped a motorcycle operated by 59-year-old Gregory Lindsley of West Falls for failure to stop at a stop sign. Lindsley exhibited signs of being intoxicated. Lindsley failed roadside sobriety tests and was placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated. Lindsley refused the breath test and was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to stop at a stop sign. Lindsley was released to appear in court at a later date.
– On Nov. 20, Deputy Rich Lundberg stopped a vehicle on Treyett Road, in Boston, operated by 24-year-old B.R. Hebdon-Brooks of Ellicottville for no front NYS license plate on the vehicle Hebdon-Brooks was operating. A DMV check of Hebdon-Brooks license showed it was suspended. Hebdon was arrested for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation in the third degree as well as other vehicle and traffic offenses. Hebdon was released to appear in court at a later date.
– On Nov. 18, Deputy Eric Szkatulski stopped a vehicle on Gowanda State Road, North Collins, operated by 32-year-old Timothy Neary of Hamburg for a vehicle equipment violation. A DMV checked showed the plates on the vehicle Neary was operating was suspended due to parking violations. Neary was cited for misdemeanor Driving on a suspended license as well as no insurance and the equipment violation. Neary was released to appear in court at a later date.
– On Nov. 26, deputies responded to a report of a property only damage accident on Route 20 in Brant, involving a single car that drove off roadway into a ditch. Upon the deputies arrival the driver of the vehicle 38-year-old Martin Jimerson of Gowanda exhibited signs of being intoxicated. Jimerson failed field sobriety tests and was arrested for Felony Driving while intoxicated due to a previous DWI conviction within the last ten years. Jimerson was also cited for Felony Aggravated unlicensed operation due to having a revoked license for a previous alcohol related offense, failure to have a interlock device in the vehicle, and was cited for various other traffic offenses. Jimerson did refuse to take the Breathalyzer and was transported to the Erie County Holding Center pending his arraignment in court.