City of Tonawanda Fire Department incident statistics
Saturday January 12, 2013 | By:Metro Source Staff |
Dec. 31 to Jan. 6
32 EMS incidents
Two Alarms of Fire:
1. At 2:50 p.m. Jan. 3, fire responded to 616 Adam St., to a report of a small explosion coming from the furnace. Crews investigated and found no sign of fire or damage. Home owner was advised to have unit checked by repairman.
2. Just after 7 p.m. Jan. 4, crews were called to 304 Fletcher St. to a report of smoke coming from front porch of residence. Crews used a hose line to extinguish a smoldering fire underneath the house. There was $100 in damage caused.
Three Still Alarms:
1. Just before 11 p.m. Jan. 1, fire was called to 251 Brookside Terrace to a report of a carbon monoxide detector alarming and residents with CO poisoning symptoms. Crews performed a complete check of the home and could find no detectable readings. Symptoms were not related. Probable faulty detector.
2. Just after 11 a.m. Dec. 31, crews were called to 284 Main St., (in front of) to a reported low hanging electrical wire. Crews contacted utility company.
3. Just after 9:30 a.m. Jan. 5, the fire department was called to 245 Delaware St., because a resident reported a possible leaking oxygen machine. No leak was found, resident was advised to have unit checked by repairman.
1. Just before 11 a.m. Jan. 1 crews were called to 5 Hill St. to a reported carbon monoxide detector alarming. Crews could not detect any CO gas, outside wires were down. Crews checked for hazards and notified proper authorities.
2. At 10:50 a.m. Jan. 6 crews were called to 301 Morgan St., (outside of) the residence, to a report of power lines making popping noises. National Grid was notified and found defective insulation, no hazard present.
Four requests for non-emergency assistance
1. Just after 6 p.m. Jan. 1 the fire department assisted a resident with accessing medications at 258 Gibson St.
2. Just after 10 a.m. Jan. 2 the fire department assisted a resident that was locked out of their vehicle at 51 Walter Ave. Crews gained access.
3. At approximately 7:15 p.m. Jan. 5 crews were called to Tops Market, 150 Niagara St., to assist a shopper who was locked out of their vehicle. Access was gained.
4. At noon Jan. 6 crews helped a resident who was locked out of their apartment at 5 Main St. (Tonawanda Towers). Crews gained access.
BLASDELL United States Attorney William Hochul Jr. announced that Bernard...
Evans Police come to trapped dogs rescueAt 7:05 a.m. on April 3, town of Evans...
Three family members arrested in EvansWhile searching for Dakota Sugg, 19,7475...
Evans arrest madeEvans Patrolman Joseph LaRosa responded to a report of a physical...
Evans woman arrested for aggravated DWIShelly Cummings, 48, of Evans was recently...
Brant man driving from Buffalo bar arrested for DWIBrent Thompson, 32, of Brant,...