Police Log for The Tonawandas/Kenmore for the week of Sunday, Sept. 30
Friday September 28, 2012 | By:Kori Sciandra |
City of Tonawanda
Brian D. Flock, 44, Delaware Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 18 for DWI and failure to notify the city of a change of address. Flock failed his field tests and refused to take the roadside breath test. He was held for court.
Caroline M. Smith, 43, East Niagara Street, Tonawanda, surrendered on a warrant for resisting arrest. She was held for court.
Patrick R. Bugman, 32, Pullman Avenue, Town of Tonawanda, surrendered on a bench warrant Tuesday, Sept. 18.
Matthew E. Thompson, 26, William Street, Tonawanda, surrendered on a warrant Tuesday, Sept. 18 for menacing in the third degree.
Christopher A. Babcok, 25, Cunard Road, Buffalo, was arrested Wednesday, Sept. 19 for resisting arrest and obstruction of governmental administration in the second degree. Babcok was involved in an altercation with a female in the parking lot of Gander Mountain. He was released.
As a result of an incident that occurred on Sept. 15, Richard N. Otto, 57, Gibson Street, Tonawanda, was arrested on a warrant, Wednesday, Sept. 19, for harassment in the second degree.
Sam P. Vigrass, Jr., 25, Oliver Street, North Tonawanda, was arrested on a warrant, Wednesday, Sept. 19, for criminal mischief. He was held for court.
Theresa K. McDaniels, 51, Gibson Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Wednesday, Sept. 19 for larceny. She was alledgedly shoplifting at the TOPS on Niagara Street. She was released.
Andrew E. Leiser, 23, Fillmore Avenue, Tonawanda, was arrested, Thursday, Sept. 20, for unlawful possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of fireworks. He was released.
Christopher E. Buettner, 38, Ivanhoe Street, Cheektowaga, was arrested, Thursday, Sept. 20, on a warrant for narcotics. He was held for court.
Brian A. McDaniels, 24, Roesch Avenue, Buffalo, surrendered on a warrant, Friday, Sept. 21, for criminal possession of stolen property (D Felony) and grand larceny (D Felony). McDaniels had been stealing jewelry from a relative on and off since January and pawning the items he stole. Bail was set at $50,000.
After an investigation conducted by the City of Tonawanda Police Department, that has been ongoing since May 20, Derrick J. Schlifke, 24, Warren Drive, Tonawanda, was arrested on a warrant for criminal mischief and burglary in the second degree (C Felony).
Christopher M. Hartl, 24, Manerva Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Sunday, Sept. 23 for larceny. Hartl took two sets of house keys from his girlfriend during a domestic incident.
Matthew A. McMullen, 21, Shelley Court, Town of Tonawanda, was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 25 for petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property. McMullen was stealing bicycles from Tonawanda Middle School. He was also arrested on a bench warrant, issued by the City of Tonawanda, for not showing up in court.
John M. Ferenc, 83, Fletcher Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Wednesday, Sept. 26 for criminal contempt and violating a court order. He was held for court.
Brittany M. King, 23, Seventh Avenue, North Tonawanda, was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 25 for harassment in the second degree. Bail was set at $100.
Mark E. Kaszubski, 55, Pioneer Drive, North Tonawanda, was arrested Wednesday, Sept. 26 for obstructing governmental administration, resisting arrest and harassment. He was held for court.
Paul A. Broadwell, 23, was arrested by the Kenmore Police Department Tuesday, Sept. 18 for disobeying a mandated stay away order, and using a vehicle without consent.
Joseph M. Hinton, 22, was arrested Wednesday, Sept. 19 for motorcycle violation face shield; resisting arrest; operating a motor vehicle by an unlicensed driver; driving without a proper license; aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the second degree; unsafe tires; unlawful fleeing of a police officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree; operating a motor vehicle with improper plates; operating an unregistered motorcycle; failed to stop at stop sign; speed violation; operating a motor vehicle without inspection certificate and operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
Nunziato N. Nirelli, 53, was arrested Friday, Sept. 21 for petit larceny.
Jarod R. Brundage, 32, was arrested Saturday, Sept. 22 for driving while intoxicated in the first degree, equipment violation - no/inadequate lights and aggravated DWI - BAC was .18 or higher.
Adam J. Schmidt, 28, was arrested by KPD Sunday, Sept. 23 for harassment in the second degree - physical contact and disorderly conduct.
Albert R. Ojeda, 23, was arrested Sunday, Sept. 23 for disorderly conduct - obstruction of traffic.
Tonawanda Fire Department Incident Statistics
From Sept. 17 to 23
• Twenty-four EMS incidents, including one motor vehicle accident.
• Two Alarms of Fire:
1. Just after 4 p.m. Sept. 18 crews responded to 141Niagara St, to a report of smoke in the building, crews found a burned out microwave oven and removed it from the structure.
2. At 6:20 p.m. Sept. 19 crews responded to 601 Vickers Ave., to a commercial fire alarm, no fire, faulty alarm system.
• Four Still alarms:
1. At 6:20 p.m. Sept. 17 crew were dispatched to the Niagara River at the mouth of the Erie Canal, for a report of a boat sinking with several people aboard. A small boat was located and having engine trouble, was not sinking, no service required.
2. At 7:07 a.m. Sept. 18 crews responded to Fletcher St. near Grove St. for reported electrical wires down. Crews removed hazard.
3. At 8:16 p.m. Sept. 19 crews dispatched to the area of Simpson Street for a report of smoke in the area. No smoke or sign of fire was found.
4. At approximately 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21, fire dispatched to the area of Franklin and Erie Streets for a report of the odor of natural gas outside. Crews noted the odor, but did not measure enough gas to be considered a hazard. Leak was due to gas company repairs going on in the neighborhood.
• Seven Assistance calls:
1. At 3:23 p.m. Sept. 17, 262 Gibson St., vehicle lockout.
2. At 5:17 p.m. Sept. 17, 5 Main St., lockout of an apartment.
3. At 10:11 p.m. Sept. 17, 339 Fletcher St., lockout of house.
4. At 8:25 a.m. Sept. 18, 402 Delaware St., vehicle lockout.
5. At 1:11 p.m. Sept. 21, 80 Niagara St., vehicle lockout.
6. At 3:32 p.m. Sept. 22 188 Morgan St., removed hazardous condition involving a tarp caught in the wind that was pulling over scaffolding.
7. At 10:50 p.m. Sept. 22, 232 Main St., lockout of a house.
• Mutual Aid Response:
Fire Safety Inspections at various businesses.
Arrests in Hamburg– Neil MacKinnon, 54, of Lackawanna, was arrested Sept. 10...
Erie County Sheriff’s Report week of Aug. 9-16- A car was on fire Aug. 16 on...
Hamburg arrests from the dates of Aug. 10-18– On Saturday, Aug. 15 at 11:15...
Erratic driving leads to DWI arrest in EdenOn July 4, shortly after midnight,...