Erie County Sheriff's report from the Oct. 31 edition of The Sun
Thursday October 31, 2013 | By:Press Release |
– On Sept. 3, deputies Chris Lysy and James Flowers stopped a vehicle on Route 219 and arrested 28-year-old Corey Bailey of Lockport on an outstanding bench warrant from the city of Lockport Police Department. Bailey was turned over to the Lockport police.
– On Sept. 6, Lysy stopped a vehicle operated by 24-year-old James Dixon of Buffalo on Route 219. A department of motor vehicles check showed that Dixon’s license had been suspended 19 times, for various reasons. The subject was arrested for felony aggravated unlicensed operation in the first degree. Dixon was transported to the Erie County Holding Center, pending arraignment in the town of Boston Court.
– On Sept. 1, Deputy Jason Breinlinger stopped 37-year-old Scott Scanlon of the Seneca Nation of Indians on Brant Road. Scanlon was charged with aggravated, unlicensed operation in the third degree, for having a suspended license. He was released on an appearance ticket.
– On Sept. 5, Erie County Sheriff’s Deputy Joel Schenfield responded to a report of a 40-year-old Angola man who had struck and killed a deer, while riding a motorcycle on Lotus Point Road. The driver, Dennis Hessel, claimed no injuries and incurred minor damage to his vehicle.
– On Sept. 10, Deputy Jeff Hicks stopped a vehicle, operated by 56-year-old William Young of Hamburg, for an unspecified traffic infraction on Southwestern Boulevard. Young’s registration was suspended. The driver was charged with driving on a suspended registration, due to parking violations.
– On Sept. 16, Deputy Brendan Connolly responded to a report of a single car accident on Versailles Plank Road in which the vehicle had struck a utility pole. The driver said that he had swerved to miss a deer and was not injured in the incident.
– On Sept. 19, Deputy Brad Ballantyne stopped a vehicle on Erie Road and issued the operator with a summons for speed in zone. A passenger, 55-year-old Jordan Bernard of Derby, was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana and was given an appearance ticket.
– On Sept. 5, Hicks arrested 48-year-old Michael Buczkowski of Buffalo after stopping the subject for an unspecified vehicle traffic law violation. Buczkowski’s vehicle had a suspended registration for outstanding parking tickets, according to a DMV check. The driver’s license had been suspended for failure to answer a summons. Buczkowski was charged with operating with a suspended registration and aggravated, unlicensed operation in the third degree.
– On Sept. 12, Deputy Tom Vanwie stopped a vehicle, operated by 35-year-old Nicholas King of Collins, for an unspecified traffic offense on Versailles Plank Road. The individual’s registration had been suspended, due to an insurance problem.
– On Sept. 19, the Erie County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Unit assisted the town of Evans Police with investigating a fatal structure fire on Hamilton Drive. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
– On Sept. 5, Hicks stopped a car, operated by 47-year-old Michael Grzechowiak of Hamburg, on Main Street in North Collins. The driver was arrested for operating on a suspended registration, after a DMV check showed that he had outstanding parking tickets. Grzechowiak was released to his wife, pending a court date in the town of North Collins Court.
– On Sept. 7, Erie County Sheriff’s Deputy Anthony Yavicolli was dispatched to a report of an individual’s sleeping in the back seat of a car on Gowanda State Road. A check of the vehicle’s registration showed that the car had been reported stolen from the city of Lackawanna. Christina Aldridge, 30, of Lackawanna was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
– On Sept. 13, Connolly responded to a report of a victim’s being slapped while at North Collins Town Park. Connolly arrested 33-year-old Jason Miller of North Collins for harassment second.
– On Sept. 14, Collins responded to a report of a fire on a Shirley Road residence porch. The fire department extinguished the fire. Members of the Erie County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Unit were requested and the cause of the fire was listed as accidental, due to paper combustibles near a gas can.
– On Sept. 22, Vanwie stopped a vehicle, operated by 51-year-old Jennifer Renzetti of Eden, on Sisson Highway. The subject’s registration was suspended, due to an insurance lapse. She was released on an appearance ticket.
Evans Police come to trapped dog’s rescueAt 7:05 a.m. on April 3, town of Evans...
Three family members arrested in EvansWhile searching for Dakota Sugg, 19,7475...
Evans arrest madeEvans Patrolman Joseph LaRosa responded to a report of a physical...
Evans woman arrested for aggravated DWIShelly Cummings, 48, of Evans was recently...
Brant man driving from Buffalo bar arrested for DWIBrent Thompson, 32, of Brant,...
Buffalo man arrested in HamburgThe town of Hamburg Police Department was recently...
Man arrested after caught tailgatingAccording to Evans Police Lieutenant Bradley...
Boston fire destroys barnErie County Sheriff’s Deputy James Flower responded...
Wyntre Harris arrested on multiple chargesWyntre Harris, 23, of Evans was arrested...