Local movie and music for the week of August 1
Thursday August 1, 2013 | By:The Sun Staff |
Armor Inn Tap Room
– 5381 Abbott Road, Hamburg (202-1315) – Friday, Aug. 2 at 9 p.m., Busted Stuff; Saturday, Aug. 3 at 3 p.m. on the patio, Sarah Elizabeth, at 9 p.m. Bone Shakers.
– 36 Main St., Hamburg (649-1837) – Every Tuesday at 10 p.m., open mic with Cory Klawon (of Only Up From Here) and Bill Drew (of The Guilty Party) and every Wednesday, karaoke with Dean of F.Y.T.O. Sound; every Friday at 10 p.m., karaoke with Disk Jockey Justin.
Hideaway’s Bar and Restaurant
– 5440 Camp Road, Hamburg (202-1382) – Open Mic with Usual Suspects every Wednesday at 9 p.m.; every Thursday and Friday, Karaoke with DJ Barney at 10 p.m.; every Sunday, DJ Trivia at 7 p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 3 at 10 p.m., Ultra Violet; Sunday, Aug. 4 from 4 – 8 p.m., Michael Bly (acoustic).
Mason’s Grille 52
– 52 Main St., Hamburg (649-7519) – Saturdays at 7 p.m., The Piano Stylings of Bob Santi.
Tina’s Italian Kitchen
– 22 Main St., Hamburg (648-0100) – Live music every Thursday, from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Hamburg farmers market
– Peace Park, Hamburg – Saturday, Aug. 3 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., Briar Hill Band.
Playing at a theater near you
The Hamburg Palace Theatre is currently featuring “The Smurfs 2.”
The Smurfs have teamed up with their human friends, to rescue Smurfette, who has been kidnapped by Gargamel, since she knows a secret spell that can turn the evil sorcerer’s newest creation – creatures called the Naughties – into real Smurfs.
The movie stars Katy Perry, Christina Ricci, Jonathan Winters, George Lopez, Fred Armisen, Jeff Foxworthy, Alan Cumming, Kenan Thompson, Shaquille O’Neal, B.J. Novak, Hank Azaria, Neil Patrick Harris, Brendan Gleeson, Jayma Mays, Jimmy Kimmel, Shaun White and Mario Lopez.
The movie runs for 1 hour and 45 minutes. It was rated PG for some rude humor and action.
The Hamburg Palace Theatre is located at 31 Buffalo St. in Hamburg. For more information, to purchase tickets or, for specific showtimes, call 649-2295.
The Dipson Theater will be featuring “Iron Man 3,” “Epic,” “Before Midnight,” “The Hangover 3,” “The Purge, “Star Trek 3D,” “The Great Gatsby,” “Fast & Furious 6,” “The Internship” and “After Earth.”
The Dipson Theatre at McKinley Mall is located at 3701 McKinley Parkway in Buffalo. For more information, to purchase tickets or, for specific showtimes, visit www.mckinley.dipsontheatres.com.
TJ’s Dinner Theatre, located at the intersection of Center and North Main Street in Angola, will feature “The Heat” from Friday – Thursday, Aug. 2 – 8. The movie is rated R. Call 712-7244 for more information or specific showtimes.
The New Angola Theater, located at 72 North Main St. in Angola, will feature “The Smurfs 2” in 3D until Aug. 12 and in 2D until Aug. 13. For more information, call 549-4866 or visit www.newangolatheater.com.
M. Night Shyamalan has to be admired for his sheer perseverance. As writer and...
HAMBURG — Executive Director Matt Mooney and his team of theatre art professionals...
HAMBURG — Like so many things do, it all started on YouTube. A group of friends...
HAMBURG — Performers need audiences for their craft. Last year, Hamburg Theater...
HAMBURG — Three local bands went head to head at this year’s Eden Corn Fest...
HAMBURG — Southtowns native Rob Van Houten’s wrestling alter ego has become...
Coyote Cafe– 36 Main St., Hamburg (649-1837) – 9 p.m. every Tuesday, Dustin...
Disney’s latest sci-fi adventure, “Tomorrowland”, is a big, bad guilt trip....
At the center of this very sad tale is Alice. She is smart, strong, loving and...
For movie-lovers, this is the golden age. Not necessarily because movies are...
HAMBURG — In 1995, Mary Lou Stahl told her husband not to come home from the...